Hibernation Sickness

An intermittent transmission from somewhere in metropolitan France to somewhere across the Atlantic.

September 29, 2005

P.S.

I should mention that I am flying to Europe for November. Carlos used his worldly airplane ticket skills to find round-trip tickets for 275 dollars to London. Expedia tricked us, but thanks to my dad's suggestion, Cheaptickets.com made it work for us. I have nothing but good things to say about Cheaptickets.com! So from London, to Paris, and then starvation because I have no money. Anything to get out of the limbo between farmland and suburban stagnation that is Gainesville, VA. I don't think I have any readers outside the U.S., but I bet if I did they would want me and Carlos on their couch for sure.

For me, it has been five years since I have been over there, which is a long time for me. Before eighteen, I would visit family there every two to three years in the summer. For this and other reasons I believe it is an overly idealized place in my mind. Or maybe I'm right. I'll find out one way or the other.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

29/9/05 22:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home