Hibernation Sickness

An intermittent transmission from somewhere in metropolitan France to somewhere across the Atlantic.

September 29, 2005

Back in Hibernation

As you can see by my failure to post lately, it seems like I have gone back into "hibernation." Even my last post was lame; anti-Bush protest, what? Obviously the anti-war protest went pretty well, even if the media predictably robbed it of all its power. I may have been rationalizing because I knew I would not be able to go because of my paranoia with regard to arrests and other trouble with the law. Speaking of which, I had a nightmare earlier today because I took a nap instead of eating lunch.

In the dream, I am out partying with two random women (people are always generalized and indistinct in my dreams). They kiss each other, which bores me because I know they're not interested in me anyway, and I look for food in the house we end up in. After some time, one of their boyfriends returns home, and apparently lives in the house. I explain that I wasn't the one to direct anger at, and that the kissing involved the other woman, not me. Nevertheless, he denies me any more food implying that I overstayed my welcome already. So I exit, apparently into a department store of some sort. Since the guy's house seems to be attached to this store, he must have inherited his family's wealth from owning it, so I make the dream-logical move of screaming out "Fuck yeah! This store rocks!" at the top of my lungs. My last-ditch effort to get back at my rival scares the customers, but also brings immediate police presence, which of course is where the dream turns into a nightmare. I'm no better with police in dreams than in real life, and as I try to run away they tranquilize me (think Metal Gear Solid). It takes a long time to fall asleep, and they even resort to more darts, and the general feeling is one of hopelessness and failure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home