Hibernation Sickness

An intermittent transmission from somewhere in metropolitan France to somewhere across the Atlantic.

November 30, 2005

"Cuz everybody hates a tourist...

...Especially when they, think it's all such a laugh."

Just to stick it to the bettors, I make my last post for a little while at a confusing time. Right now it's 5:30 am and I'm in a Prague airport, waiting for my flight out. Pretty nice little place, free internet with a coffee, and I'm even using Firefox! I should be flying to London and then back to the U.S., but I'm not. I suppose I had some bad luck coming ever since my conquest of and retirement from the Paris poker scene.

In any event, after all the nice and safe family stays, I craved the infamous hostel experience, so glorified by everyone but my former partner in crime Carlos. 'Los isn't always 100% on the money, but this time I regret not listening to him. Essentially, someone associated with the hostel stole everything I came to Prague with except for my passport (hidden under the bed cleverly) and some emergency funds. The locks were unbroken and no damage was done anywhere else. It's a long story, but I should probably board the plane. Anyway, suffice it to say I'm not sure how I'll pay for the costs of changing the return flight. I suppose I could ditch seeing my grandmother at all, but I'm not ready to do that quite yet. After all, I have a French passport...oh wait I lost that too. What a worldly and prudent traveller I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home