Hibernation Sickness

An intermittent transmission from somewhere in metropolitan France to somewhere across the Atlantic.

August 13, 2005

They stole my idea!

"Richard what music have you been listening to? I have been dying to know, ever since you told me how stupid Dave Matthews Band is and I realized you were right!"

"Funny you should ask, I was just thinking that there should be a site that has the great rating and lists functionality of IMDB or the even better (when you subscribe, or your parents do) Netflix, but with music instead of movies. I will surely put the plan into action when I am done with this goddamned epic william blake paper arghgoddammit..." etc. etc.

LAST-FM has stolen my idea, except their version isn't as cool. For one thing, the rating system makes no sense to me, but maybe I just haven't figured it out yet. I just signed up and am leaving it up while I play hard-driving last-minute-paper-writin' winamp playlists. You can look at what I've been listening to with this link. I have yet to decide what I think about the execution, but the idea is cool, so I am giving it a chance--sign up and let's get disappointed! As you can see on the profile, I only have one friend--but he is a hot one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home