Hibernation Sickness

An intermittent transmission from somewhere in metropolitan France to somewhere across the Atlantic.

November 03, 2004

The European Dream

So 5 people I know have told me over IM today that they voted for Bush. Many times they "beat around the Bush" (pun!) before I got the information out of them; I guess I would be embarassed to if I voted for Bush. By the way, even more people I know voted for Badnarik (Libertarian) which isn't much better, but I won't get into that here.

Meanwhile, I read this article in the Washington Post over the weekend. It's worth getting a free account for, but the gist of it is that Europe is doing much better than the United States socially (as always), economically (this is new), and culturally (of course). So it becomes tougher and tougher to justify remaining in the States where I have no job, no future, and less and less contact with friends. However, the election isn't over yet tonight, so I may not be forced into any decisions yet. I do agree with Robin Quivers, though, in thinking that a second Bush term would take this country into a cultural and economic territory that I do not want to participate in.

Not to mention living amongst people (they're not just in the deep South apparently), that approve of our war criminal President. Please please please please please win tonight John Kerry!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger lit said...

Let me know when you're going. I will go too because there's nothing worthwhile here anymore.

3/11/04 15:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home